The NZCTU promotes a just transition for working people affected by economic change, whether it is driven by climate change, technology, or economic shocks.
A just transition is the result of proactive planning and action to mitigate the negative impacts of the change process, address inequities, and capitalise on opportunities that the transition provides. It ensures no worker is left behind.
The NZCTU’s policy work focuses on how we can enhance the resilience of workers, communities, and the wider economy to future economic change, ensure good work is available to all, and empower workers to drive progressive change themselves.
Find out more below.
Latest Just Transition News
- Consultation on Advancing New Zealand’s Energy TransitionThe CTU strongly supports the development of a proactive strategy that delivers a just transition to a sustainable, affordable, and resilient energy system. The future wellbeing and prosperity of New… Read More »Consultation on Advancing New Zealand’s Energy Transition
- Consultation on a Potential Code of Practice for Biometrics, Office of the Privacy CommissionerA robust code of practice will help to protect workers from the risks associated with the collection of biometric information in the workplace and to ensure a human-centred future of work.
- 2023 NZ Future of Work SurveyKantar Public This report, prepared by Kantar Public for the Future of Work Tripartite Forum, provides insights into employers’ expectations about redundant and emerging jobs, current and future skills gaps,… Read More »2023 NZ Future of Work Survey
- Building Economic Resilience Inquiry, New Zealand Productivity CommissionBuilding resilience to persistent supply chain disruptions will be an important part of securing future economic stability and prosperity in Aotearoa New Zealand. The evidence suggests we will experience more… Read More »Building Economic Resilience Inquiry, New Zealand Productivity Commission
- Inflation and Incomes ActThe root cause of our inflation and cost of living challenge is the lack of a long-term economic plan. The issues Aotearoa New Zealand is facing could be addressed with… Read More »Inflation and Incomes Act
- Building a Better Future, Creating an Economic Development Strategy Together for Aotearoa New ZealandThe NZCTU believes that by working together we can build a better economy for Aotearoa New Zealand. This report sets out the NZCTU’s goals for that kind of that economy… Read More »Building a Better Future, Creating an Economic Development Strategy Together for Aotearoa New Zealand
- Joint Memo from the NZCTU and BusinessNZ on the Just Transition Gap Analysis and Future of Work Tripartite Forum PrioritiesNZCTU and BusinessNZ Joint memo from the Future of Work Tripartite Forum social partners on just transition priorities for Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Missing detail essential in Government’s Emissions Reduction Plan says CTUThe Government’s Consultation Document on the Emissions Reduction Plan needs to show how it will deliver on our shared aspiration for a Just Transition to low emissions economy. One where… Read More »Missing detail essential in Government’s Emissions Reduction Plan says CTU
- A New Zealand Income Insurance SchemeNZCTU, BusinessNZ, NZ Government This presentation outlines key design parameters for an income insurance scheme for New Zealand workers. The scheme would provide financial support for people who are made… Read More »A New Zealand Income Insurance Scheme