Closing date: Wednesday 31 May 2023
Position Description – Fair Pay Agreement Support Organiser
2 x Part time roles (20 hours pw), Based in AUCKLAND and WELLINGTON
Fixed term – to October 2023
The New Zealand Council of Trade Unions Te Kauae Kaimahi is New Zealand/Aotearoa’s peak union body. Over 30 affiliated unions NZCTU represents more than 350,000 working people, and campaigns for a better working life.
Purpose of role
A funding grant has been made available to NZCTU to build our capacity to support Fair Pay Agreements as they come into effect. Fair Pay Agreements are an exciting reintroduction of industry-wide employment agreements that have the potential to dramatically improve the lives of working people. The funding includes requirements to support unions and workers in industries where an FPA is being negotiated.
In order to assist with this, the CTU will be engaging a Fair Pay Agreement Support Organiser in both Auckland and Wellington to work with our FPA Co-ordination Team.
The FPA Support Organisers will work with the FPA Strategic Co-Ordinator to:
- Work with unions and workers in FPA industries to assist the progress of FPAs.
- Collaborate with Unions to reach members and non-union members in FPA industries to engage them in the FPA process.
- Assist running FPA engagement meetings, conduct site visits to seek feedback, or otherwise engage workers in FPA work.
- Assist with data entry or the maintenance of databases.
- Develop means for workers to seek information about FPAs in their industries as they progress.
- Assist in the creation of other FPA Awareness-Raising materials and resources for social media, workers and internal union use.
- Assist if required in the delivery of FPA Awareness Raising education – for workers, communities and internal union use
- Assist with other community outreach and liaising with strategic partners.
In particular, we are looking for someone who has a range of the following:
- Understanding of Trade Unions and Trade Union values.
- Communication skills and networking/relationship building skills.
- Ability to research, develop and produce campaign resources with appropriate other CTU staff or suppliers
- Computer literacy
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Imaginative and creative
Conditions of employment
The NZCTU is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to helping staff build their understanding and commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and providing opportunities for participation in cultural awareness training and other relevant study. This commitment is underpinned by Te Takawaenga relationship accord.
This position may require some travel as required.
This position may also be suitable for a secondee.
The position holder will report to FPA Strategic Co-ordinator.
The conditions of employment are set out in the CTU Collective Employment Agreement. The current salary range is from 66k – 87k pro-rata plus other applicable allowances entitlements.
From time to time there may be other duties to undertake as required.
To apply for this position please do the following:
Send CV and applications to: Sue Windsor, NZCTU, PO Box 6645, Wellington 6141, or via email to email@example.com
Applications will close 5pm Wednesday 31st May 2023.
Contact person: Sue Windsor