Closing date: Friday 23 February 2024
New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the union for nurses and health workers. NZNO represents more than 60,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora and health workers of which 4,500 are Māori members in Aotearoa/New Zealand. We represent the interests of nurses on professional and employment related matters. NZNO is a progressive organisation which works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
NZNO is seeking applications for the role of Organiser for 40 hours per week (full time). Based from our Auckland office, develop collective strength in the workplace by recruiting potential members and identifying, leading, motivating and educating workplace representatives, activists and members in accordance with the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in implementing organising functions, identify and develop delegates, activists, recruit to increase membership, increase active participation, ensure functioning workplace organising committee structures are in place, be skilled in leading members;
- Have a sound understanding of employment matters and a commitment to and affinity with the trade union movement or community activism – ideally at least 3 years’ experience as a union organiser;
- Be familiar with Health and Safety Rights and obligations;
- Have an awareness of cultural safety and knowledge, and an understanding of Te Tiriti, Tikanga Māori, Te Reo Māori and Māori Health;
- Have well developed written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships;
- Demonstrate conflict resolution skills, tact and diplomacy;
Ideally have first-hand knowledge of the health sector; and
- Have good IT skills.
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and politically aware person to take a key role in our dynamic organization, which wis leading change in the health sector.
You will find a position description at www.nzno.org.nz/about_us/vacancies
Applications, addressed in confidence to Karene Walton, Director of Organising, close at 12 midday on Friday 23 February 2024 and must include both a cover letter and a current curriculum vitae. Please submit your application by email to the address below.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Karene Walton