Closing date: Monday 5 June 2023
New Zealand Nurses Organisation (NZNO) is the lead professional nursing organisation and union for nurses. NZNO represents more than 56,000 nurses, midwives, students, kaimahi hauora and health workers of which 3,800 are Māori members in Aotearoa/New Zealand. We represent the interests of nurses on professional and employment related matters. NZNO is a progressive organisation which works to improve the health status of all people of Aotearoa/New Zealand through participation in health and social policy development.
NZNO is seeking applications for the role of Lead Organiser for 40 hours per week (full time). Based from either our Tauranga or Hamilton office, this role is responsible for leading, managing and coaching of a team of union organisers.
The successful candidate will:
- be skilled in leading, managing and coach and able to create a positive and motivating working environment; delegate effectively, constructively assigning work; and be able to establish clear expectations and monitor performance;
- have a sound understanding of employment matters and a commitment to and affinity with the trade union movement or community activism – ideally at least five years’ experience as a union organiser;
- have an awareness of cultural safety and knowledge, and an understanding of Tikanga Māori, Te Reo Māori and Māori Health;
- have well developed written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships;
- demonstrate conflict resolution skills, tact and diplomacy;
- ideally have first-hand knowledge of the health sector; and
- have good IT
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic, and politically aware person to take a key leadership role in our dynamic organisation.
You will find a position description on our website https://www.nzno.org.nz/about_us/vacancies
Applications addressed in confidence to Karene Walton, Director of Organising close at 5.00pm on Monday 5 June and must include both a cover letter and a current curriculum vitae. Please submit your application by email to the address below.
Please send your application to email@example.com
Contact person: Heather Sander