Closing date: Thursday 8 June 2023
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is the largest union in New Zealand, Aotearoa and is an innovative and dynamic organisation employing 200 staff throughout New Zealand. We have over 85,000 members working in central and local government, health and community services. As the largest union in New Zealand Aotearoa, we can provide opportunities for organisers to take up leadership roles in our sectors and across the organisation.
Our core values include advocating members’ interests with a strong effective voice, standing together, supporting and empowering members, individually and collectively. We embrace diversity and challenge inequality and our actions are characterised by professionalism, integrity and respect. We are a progressive and constructive union, constantly seeking solutions that improve members’ working lives.
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi have the following permanent organiser vacancies based initially in our Member Advice and Support Centre located out of any PSA office.
- 1 x full time organiser
- 1 x 0.4 FTE organiser
We are looking for people with:
- A commitment to the work of trade unions.
- An ability to improve the quality of PSA Te Pukenga Here Tikanga Mahi members’ working lives.
- The capability to build durable working relationships with members, employers, government and industry representatives.
- The skills to develop and support members and delegates in dealing with issues impacting on their working lives.
- Excellent communication, advocacy and leadership skills.
- An ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure, both independently and as part of a team.
The PSA Te Pūkenga Here Tikanga Mahi is committed to honouring Te Tiriti O Waitangi across our organisation and the work we do. Knowledge of te reo and tikanga Māori will therefore be an advantage.
The salary range for this position is $71,589 to $101,671. New employees enter the range on a starting rate based upon previous relevant experience and commensurate with internal relativities. Progression to the top of the scale is by regular and automatic service steps.
The PSA is also an EEO employer.
Please download the following documents if you would like to apply:
Completed applications, including a cover letter and a CV are to be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Trish McKinnon PSA, PO Box 3817, Wellington 6140.
Applications close 9am, Thursday 8 June 2023.
Contact person: Trish McKinnon