NZCTU Briefing for the Incoming Government
Latest Press Releases
- Stand Up issues Govt termination letter on 90th dayStand Up, the youth union movement, today commemorated the Government’s 90th day in power by using its own new employment policy, the 90-day trial period, to issue Prime Minister… Read More »Stand Up issues Govt termination letter on 90th day
- Government must regulate to protect migrant workers on work visas from exploitationThe NZ Council of Trade Unions Te Kauae Kaimahi is calling on Government to regulate greater protections for migrant workers including decoupling work visas from single employers, and for… Read More »Government must regulate to protect migrant workers on work visas from exploitation
- Child poverty data shows Government must take actionNZCTU President Richard Wagstaff is calling on the Government to take action on poverty and the cost of living, in response to new data released today showing an increase… Read More »Child poverty data shows Government must take action
Workplace Injury Advocacy Service
Have you suffered a workplace injury or an injury that affects your ability to work?
Do you need help to access your ACC entitlements?
One of our phone-based advocates will work with you to:
- Find the best way to resolve your problem in accessing your entitlements
- Help to prepare you for meetings with ACC or an Accredited Employer
- Identify other resources and help that may be available to you.
Latest Union Jobs
E tū Union – Secretary/Administrator – Auckland
Exciting Career opportunity – Administrator/secretary E tū is seeking a dedicated and professional administrator/secretary to join our dynamic team. This role is pivotal in providing comprehensive administrative support across various sectors within our union. Primary objectives: Key responsibilities: Key skills/attributes Requirements: This role is office based in Auckland, requiring a blend of desk work and… Read More »E tū Union – Secretary/Administrator – Auckland
Te Hautū Kahurangi (TEU) – Te Pou Tuarā – Te Whanganui-a-Tara
E rapu ana Te Hautū Kahurangi (TEU) i tētahi tangata koi te hinengaro, e māia ana ki te kaupare i ngā momo wero katoa, hei hakakī i te tūranga Te Pou Tuarā. He uniana aratakina e ngā kaupapa kaihakahē, hakariterite me te hāpai i ngā mahi i ngā wāhi katoa o te mātauranga matua. He… Read More »Te Hautū Kahurangi (TEU) – Te Pou Tuarā – Te Whanganui-a-Tara
AMEA – National Industrial Organiser – Auckland or Christchurch
The Aviation and Marine Engineers Association (AMEA) has a vacancy for a fulltime National Union Organiser based in either Auckland or Christchurch. The AMEA is a mid-sized union representing members across New Zealand primarily in the aviation, maritime and primary sectors. We currently have 4 union organisers but due to our growing membership we require… Read More »AMEA – National Industrial Organiser – Auckland or Christchurch
We need corporate manslaughter laws
Unlike other countries, Aotearoa New Zealand doesn’t have corporate manslaughter laws.
This needs to change. This is how you can help make the change we need to ensure everyone gets home from work.
Budget Report 2023