Contact: 0800 286 483 | 6a Western Springs Rd, Morningside, Auckland
Unite is the union for hospitality workers. We’re a campaigning union with a long history of supporting members in precarious work including youth, casual and migrant workers. We have collective agreements with the major employers including McDonald’s, Restaurant Brands, SkyCity and Accor and are currently progressing towards New Zealand’s first Hospo Fair Pay Agreement to cover all hospitality workers.
Which industries/sectors are covered?
- Fast Foods
- Some Call Centres.
Unite’s membership tends to be younger, predominantly women, with high proportions of Māori, Pasifika and migrant workers.
- Unite is a loud union that campaigns politically for the interests of hospitality workers.
- We negotiate collective agreements to improve the terms and conditions of our members.
- 25% discount on immigration advice with Migrant United Immigration Services.
- Members can access advice and support with any workplace issues they are having.
Cost of membership
- $2.50 – $7 – Collective Agreement coverage, employer deductions
- $2.25 – $4.50 – No Collective Agreement, direct payment
- Restaurant Brands (KFC, Carl’s Jr, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut)
- Burger King
- Event (Cinemas and Hotels)
- Jet Park
- Qantas (call centre only)
- One NZ.
Leadership people info
- National Secretary: John Crocker firstname.lastname@example.org